Korean Reading Exercises - Part 2

Image
Hello there! 잘 지냈어? (How are you?) I have been from a veeeeeerryyyy very long hiatus and I decided to come back. I am now a full-fledged doctor and I am currently working as one, in a nearby hospital. How have you been? As continuation from our first Korean Reading Exercise , I would like to present to you another batch of Korean words that you can try practicing on! Are you ready to practice your Korean? If you want to reinforce your knowledge about reading Hangul, you may proceed to this post on how to read and write Hangul to refresh your mind! From now on, our reading (and writing) exercises will feature a specific theme so as to make things easier to read and understand! For this Korean reading exercise, we will feature one of Korea's highlights - their food. Let's read, read, read Korean!! FIRST ROUND: Basic Korean food Korean food is one of the highlights of Korean culture - without their sumptuous and delicious food, their culture will not infiltrate

Movie Review: Miracle in Cell No. 7

I don't cry when it comes to movies. There are movies that can influence my feelings, tingle my senses, and make me feel like crying, but I never have shed tears for those movies. Maybe it's because I have a heart made of stone (maybe not!), or they just can't bring that "pinch in the heart" than can make you break down and make your tears fall.

I thought it would stay like that forever.

But I was wrong.

Korean story writers and directors have been giving us a lot of movies that have different stories, some being unusual and uncommon, but can still give you a good movie experience. Given the movie "My Sassy Girl", I think that it's one of the best romance movies that I have ever seen, evemn though I don't like romantic movies at all. And this movie I'm going to introduce to you, is one of the best Korean movies that I have ever seen, and maybe the best movie that I have seen, in general. 

Official Poster
Credits: Wikipedia
Dubbed as the biggest Korean movie of 2013, Miracle in Cell No. 7 (7번방의 선물, A Gift From Room 7) is a story of a sweet daughter and a loving father, that would not only make you feel better about your parents, but also can change your point of view regarding the world. Mentally challenged Lee Yong-gu (Ryu Seung-ryong), who is wrongfully accused of murder, abduction, and rape, finds himself sent to Cell No. 7, which is known to be the most harsh cell in the prison. This is done after wanting to buy a special present to his daughter Ye-sung (Kal So-won), who is his only close relative. Yong-gu finds comrades in his cellmates, who are more than willing to bring Ye-sung inside the prison, and after successfully bringing her inside, the group finds out that it's difficult to bring the child out.

Yong-gu and his daughter, Ye-sung
Yong-gu, being wrongfully accused: can he experience a "miracle" that can change his life forever? To whom is this "miracle" directed to? Ye-sung? The cellmates? Watch the movie to find out.

The movie has made me shed tears in only about fifteen minutes of watching it. It gives you an idea of what our prisoners really experience, how our justice system is flawed, and how disadvantaged persons experience oppression just because they have disabilities.

What can I say about this movie? The storyline, the actors, especially the protagonists, have given justice to their roles. The young Ye-sung has really portrayed her role even though she is just a young girl. The setting and cinematography are really good. Overall, the movie is a complete-package - age-friendly, this movie is fit for the family. And for that, I really recommend the movie to everyone, and I am giving it a 10 out of 10. I'll even give it 11, if possible.

Yes, kiddo, you got a fan in me!
Now, get your hand in this movie, and cry along the whole experience! (Kidding!)

Comments

  1. Watched the movie last night.
    Cried buckets of tears. lol. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a review too about this movie but yours is better. Umpisa pa lang it will make you cry or somehow have a hint that it will.

    ~" Sa Mata ng Isang Probinsiyana "~

    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. a movie that will touch everyone's heart :) very inspiring .. nice one.. I hope that filipinos could also make this kind of film.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Give me some of your thoughts about the post! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Korean Reading Exercises - Part 1

Korean Writing Exercises - Part 1

Korean Reading Exercises - Part 2